Top 9 ways to live a better life in our present generation

If you don't lead a perfect life, chances are there are things you'd like to change. It might be challenging to get out of bed in the morning, find time for friends and family, complete that list of menial jobs, or even get the printer to function. 
These common problems gave rise to the industry for "life hacks," or ostensibly easy solutions to improve and simplify life. Some of these suggestions worked out well—for example, noting where I parked my car on Google Maps has saved me from numerous frantic searches—but others didn't. However, the simplest move toward self-improvement is frequently the most successful. The most change may be achieved without completely upsetting our established patterns by making small, manageable changes. 

Authors and academics among other experts share their succinct, low-lift advice on how to have a better life. Even if these suggestions are simple to use, you shouldn't attempt them all; instead, focus on the ones that apply to you and your situation. 

9. Try to obtain some natural light each day (while treating sleep as a friend).

"Having light during the day, especially in the morning, comes first to mind. Free is the sun. Even though it's overcast outside, there is still a lot of brilliant light. It's a triple threat of goodness since you get light, fresh air, and physical activity. Going outside during the day is very beneficial for your sleep and general physical and mental well-being. 


My second piece of advice is to treat your sleep like a buddy. This entails giving them a priority, ensuring that you have time and space for them, but also not being pushy and chasing them about or making them go to bed against their will. You'll have an easier time getting the necessary amount of sleep if you can strike the right balance between being there for and holding space for your friend's sleep while still being relaxed and without being intrusive.

8. Hire someone to help you with your career, dating, or other concerns.

"Every week, talk to a new person about one of your demands in terms of dating or relationships. As a result, more individuals will be willing to assist you.

7. Create a (short) to-do list.

"Creating a digital to-do list that I can check off each day allows me to complete all I want to do for myself, my family, and my job. This simple hack has completely changed my life. It seems so straightforward, but something about seeing those little things each day and crossing them off has helped it stick as a habit for me. I advise folks to begin with a modest task and gradually gain proficiency before adding more. Every time you cross something off, you feel a sense of accomplishment and are creating a dependable habit. 

6. Use meaningful rituals to cut through the confusion

"I believe it's critical to have your rituals. I've discovered that maintaining the balance between my habits and my work helps. My morning practice of making a hot beverage or my monthly supper club both serve to ground me at even the busiest of times. 

5. Before dealing with your finances, take a break.

"Perform a two-minute transition exercise before looking at your accounts. Money causes a lot of us tremendous stress. As we sit down to check over accounts, we may not be aware that we are going through a fight, flight, or freeze response, but our bodies are aware of it. Set a timer for 120 seconds, take a few deep breaths, list three qualities you like or are grateful for about yourself, or just write for a few pages in a diary. While learning to self-regulate as a component of money management improves acceptance and presence of mind, suppressing emotions and telling ourselves our fears are dumb or wrong leads to negative coping techniques like avoidance. I notice that I now say "Please go ahead" more often than "Oh I'm so sorry" when I accidentally bump into someone or cut them off. It has been well worth it to be reminded to simply look up, make eye contact if you can, and smile, nod, or even say hello. 

4. Put the ones who prioritize you first.

"Select partners who will support you. I came to this realization on my own, and it drastically altered the way I interacted with people. Anything less isn't a connection we have to accept; we should be picking the individuals in our lives who are actively choosing relationships with us as well. 


3. Interact with your neighbors.

"My advice is to say hi, nod, or smile when I pass someone on the street. I live in a smallish town, and while I am aware that this may pose a safety concern for some, I have discovered that it makes me feel more connected to and like I am making a contribution, even if it is just this tiny nod on daily walks. I intend to actively work at noticing the people around me rather than constantly running around with blinders on while just going about my business.

2. Make contact with the friend you're considering right now.

"Speak to a buddy if one comes to mind. It might be in the form of a text, DM, meme, or even an email. if your only comment is, "Thinking of you." It's okay to say, "I just wanted to say hello." Even better: if you recall a particular moment when the two of you were together. Share anything with them that would be of interest to them, such as a meme, news item, or area of shared interest; share a joke with them again; or, if you can, say, "I miss you." If they reply, make plans to get in touch again—either call, use Zoom or meet up in person. Put it on the schedule and carry it out. Give them the benefit of the doubt if they don't reply. Even though we enjoy being contacted, people are busy, texts sometimes go missing, and we aren't always sure what to say. 

1. Make out every day with your loved ones

Make out with your lover every night before bed. It's a simple way to improve your quality of life. Long-term partners eventually stop holding hands and kissing each other throughout the day. Many couples only make physical contact while engaging in or attempting to engage in sex. However, if this is the only time you are touching or kissing, pressure builds. You can find yourself restraining yourself if your partner attempts to touch you because you don't want it to 'lead to more. Alternatively, you can begin to completely shun physical contact. Instead, if you deliberately plan to have sex every night, you'll begin to sever the link between touch and sex. You'll be able to let go of the contact once you stop being so wary about your partner. You'll feel more connected to your spouse if you make out every night, and you might even regain the butterflies from the start of your relationship. 




Previous Post Next Post